November 29. 5pm PST Calling Up Justice: Digital Production of The Gaza Monologues
Calling Up Justice was invited by ASHTAR Theatre in Ramallah Palestine to collaborate on this global reading of The Gaza monologues. They serves as a powerful medium to shed light on the struggles faced by Palestinians under Israeli occupation. As BIPOC and Disabled artists and activists we share experiences and needs with the voices who wrote these monologues. This digital production is done in spirit of the disability justice principle cross-movement solidarity.
Join Us: Take Action against Genocide!
- Attend the Digital Production: Join us on November 29th, 2023, for a compelling and accessible digital production of The Gaza Monologues. Experience the raw emotions, stories, and artistry that aim to inspire change and justice.
- Promote the Show: Help us amplify the impact of this initiative by sharing the event details with your networks. Whether you’re an individual, organization, or part of a community, your support in spreading the word is invaluable.
- Become a Performer: This is a mixed-abilities production, informed by disability justice principles of cross-movement solidarity. We invite performers of all abilities to join our diverse and inclusive cast! Rehearsal will be day of show!
- Support as a Moderator: We’ll need folks to help the chat to be a safe space that honors our communication values.
- Producer and Director: Claudia Alick
- Stage Manager/Assistant Director: Keyanna Alexander
- Graphic Designer and Stream Engineer: Maiamama
Let’s Stand Together for People in Gaza! November 29th, 2023
Global Reading of The Gaza Monologues
ASHTAR Theatre, due to the horrific war taking place in Gaza, is launching an urgent request to all its friends and theater makers around the world to publicly read or perform The Gaza Monologues on November 29th, 2023; The International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People – a significant day for those who value justice, equality, and freedom for the Palestinian people.
The Gaza Monologues are testimonies written by ASHTAR youth in 2010, after the first war on the Gaza Strip. Tragically, these Monologues are still accurate today. They are highlighting the horrors, hopes and resilience of the courageous Gazans to a wider audience, bringing out the voices of children and people in Gaza.
To download the Monologues in different languages please visit: The Gaza Monologues. By sharing these Monologues, we hope to create more empathy and awareness internationally. Your solidarity is greatly appreciated.
In substitute of copyrights purchase of The Gaza Monologues, please support our psycho-social program in the West Bank: Global Giving
For more information you can reach out to us on: [email protected]